Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My interviewer had a 'family emergency' the day of my interview?

I'm 16 and today I walked for around 40 minutes, in the heat and humidity, in warm clothes for my first interview. I got to the site an hour early because I overestimated how long it would take to get there, so I spent money to get some food, killed time at gamestop. After the long, uncomfortable walk and the killing of time (lol), I enter Waldbaum's (supermarket) for my interview. I ask around for the manager and two old ladies who work there tell me that "she was expecting me, but had to leave due to a family emergency". However, the "she" was actually supposed to be a "he", considering the manager's name was Dave (which I explained to them). They said he'd call me back to reschedule, but something seemed fishy. Why would two random workers know about my interview? Would the guy ever even call me back? I mean, I feel jipped. I wasted 2 hours of my day only to spend two minutes in a store to be told that I can't have my interview. Should I call tomorrow and ask about the situation? I don't want to be rude or instigate anything. But this all seems very fishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment