Saturday, July 23, 2011

Scared to get my driver's license (anxiety)...Please Help?!?

I know how you feel, or at least I can imagine how. I was having trouble with my parent for a time when I was 18 because I was preparing to go to college and I was afraid of taking my driving test for the same reason you do, and also that English is my second language (I thought I wasn't going to be able to understand anything). The first time I did it I hit a car at the end of the exam (imagine how horrible and embarrassed I felt) but I needed to drive before August, and I don't know how but I went again, but instead of taking my mother, or even my bf or sister to accompany me, I took a very close friend, and that somehow made me relax a little bit, and also the fact that I didn't get to repeat the test with the same DMV worker. I wish you could do it when you feel prepare, but I know the pressure you receive from others and more if you know you will start college soon, but try to think in a variety of things that can make you relax and feel more secure. And believe me, you will relax way more when you finally get to drive by yourself and with a driver's license in your hand. It took me half a year to completely feel very very secure of my driving, but it's worth the anxiety a little, believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment