Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How long does the court reschedule a divorce hearing for?

After nearly a year of dragging out my uncontested divorce, my lawyer finally e-mailed me with a court date for July 22nd. Problem is I will be out of town (far away) from July 15-August 15. My grandpa had a stroke and that is my time to go take care of him and there is no one else to fill in for me. I will be the only spouse attending the hearing, if that matters, so I have to be there. I asked him to please reschedule and he responded saying I need to fix my schedule and get this over and done with. I've still asked him to reschedule, do the courts usually reschedule for a week later? A month later? Any advice is helpful. My grandpa is in bad shape and he is much more important to me than finalizing this divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment